Noma Mexico Booking Process
Our residency in Tulum, Mexico will run for seven weeks, from April 12 to May 28, 2017 during which time we will be open for dinner, Wednesday to Sunday. Bookings for tables will be made available at once to provide a fair and transparent way of accessing a reservation for all potential diners. Bookings can be made for tables of two, four, and six.
The outdoor open-air restaurant will sit nestled between the jungle and the Caribbean Sea in Tulum. Exposed to the climate, it will be hot, steaming and unpredictable. It will be wild like the Mexican landscape as we share our interpretation of the tastes from one of the most beautiful countries we’ve come to know.
The Noma Mexico menu package will cost USD$600 per person plus 16% local tax, and 9% service charge. The price will include a multi-course tasting menu, beverage pairing including a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, water and tea/coffee.
Details on Noma Mexico Reservations:
- Noma Mexico will only run for seven weeks offering a menu and beverage pairing based on Mexican ingredients and traditions, served only during this residency
- Cost of menu package is required to be paid in full at time of booking
- Reservations are non-refundable but are transferable (details of the transfer must be registered online with the Noma Mexico team)
- The price will include a multiple-course tasting menu, beverage pairing (including a mix of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), water and tea/coffee.
- For those interested, and depending on availability, we will also offer wines by the bottle at an additional cost to be paid on the night.
- The dinner experience will take approximately 2.5 hours. After dinner, guests are welcome to move to our bar, where after-dinner drinks will be available for purchase
- Once the reservation is confirmed, please note that the time of the reservation cannot be changed
- Noma Mexico will be an open-air restaurant; though it rarely rains in April and May and we will have some rain protection, the weather can be unpredictable and will be a part of the experience
If you are looking to secure accommodation in Tulum, we can recommend staying with one of our partners, Colibri Boutique Hotels. They operate several hotels in the area, including Hotel La Zebra and Hotel Mi Amor – each a short distance from the location of Noma Mexico. Rooms will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. More details can be found at www.colibriboutiquehotels.com
Please see below some tips and information on how to best secure a table at Noma Mexico:
- Have a backup payment method with you at time of booking if possible, as you will only have ten minutes to complete your purchase after selecting your reservation date. We wouldn’t want you to lose your table if for some reason the payment method is declined.
- If it appears to show no availability, please stay on the page for about 10-15 minutes to see if additional tables are available. Once all tables are booked, a wait list will become available.
- Please sign-up to the waiting list if you’re unable to get your desired reservation. From our experience in Copenhagen, sometimes diners can’t make their reservation and we often call on people who have registered their details on our wait list.
We hope to see you there!
We’re going to Mexico :D
2017 is going to mark a very special year for noma. We will be moving to our new location, which is all in the works, the last drawings are being finished up; planning is well underway. But before that happens, we are going to do one more residency, and this location is a very special one to me – Mexico.
I consider it to be my adopted home, one filled with almost a decade of cherished memories from vacations with my family. The place that I dream about. Home to one of the most exciting cuisines I have ever tasted: as old as time and yet so relevant. Full of ingredients I never knew existed. This cooking inspires the team and I constantly here in Copenhagen. It is safe to say that there is already a touch of influence from Mexico in the food at noma.
An addition to our residency this time will be our dear friend and former sous chef at noma, Rosio Sanchez together with her taqueria Hija de Sanchez. The creativity of the menu will be a joint endeavor. As one of the most talented chefs we know, and with Mexican roots herself, she will be a great guide for us as we delve into this culture and learn from it.
For the last 6 months, Rosio, a small team and I have been traveling all throughout the country from Merida to Ensenada, from Oaxaca to Guadalajara, and everywhere in between. We searched to find that special chile, to understand the seafood, to taste just a few of the infinite variations of mole, and to find inspiration in the vast and wonderful culture. We encountered some of the most kind and hospitable people to be found anywhere in the world. These were once in a lifetime experiences, which we will transform into a series of dishes and ultimately our menu at our restaurant in Mexico.
The outdoor open-air restaurant will sit nestled between the jungle and the Caribbean Sea in Tulum. Exposed to the climate, it will be hot, steaming and unpredictable. Billowing smoke and the orange glow of flames will define us as all cooking will take place over the fire. It will be wild like the Mexican landscape as we share our interpretation of the tastes from one of the most beautiful countries we’ve come to know.
See you under the canopy,
Best, René Redzepi & Rosio Sanchez
The restaurant will be open for dinner five days a week, Wednesday through Sunday from 12 April to 28 May, 2017. The menu will cost $US600 per person plus tax (16%) and service (9%) and will include the menu, beverage pairing, water and tea/coffee.
Bookings for Noma Mexico will open on Tuesday, 6 December 2016 at 10am (EST) and will be available via noma’s website at noma.dk/mexico.
We are lucky to have American Express and Colibri Boutique Hotels as partners, they play a big role in making this happen.
Please register below for our newsletter to receive additional information regarding the booking process and other developments, which will be sent out over the next few weeks.