A bar menu to support the Mundo Maya Foundation
We are now settled into our residency here in Mexico and have a few weeks of service under our belt. Much of our success so far is attributed to the people from all over Mexico who have helped us finalize every detail, material and the produce we need for our restaurant. Many of these people have become our friends, including the Mundo Maya Foundation (Fundación Haciendas del Mundo Maya).
Mundo Maya works for the sustainable social and economic development of Mayan communities in the Yucatan Peninsula. Their focus is on promoting the quality and tradition of the work of local producers and master artisans. We have sourced a great deal of produce and crafts through the Mundo Maya – everything from tomatoes, corn and pumpkin to napkins, cup holders and serving baskets. We know our relationship with the Mundo Maya will continue well beyond our time here in Tulum. For us, this is the first chapter in a very long collaboration.
For that reason, we have spent the last couple of weeks also honing in on a menu for our bar. This is our chance to serve a few more guests, and an opportunity to give a little back to Mundo Maya.
From Wednesday the 3rd of May, we will be opening up our bar. There will be only 12 seats available each night. The menu costs $100, $90 of that will go directly to our friends at Mundo Maya, which will be channeled to support the producers and craftspeople themselves.
Practical information to know about the walk-in bar
- We are open from Wednesday to Sunday (Closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Please note that we will also be closed on May 20th. Our last bar menu service will take place on Sunday, May 21st)
- The bar menu is $100 for five servings consisting of four savory courses, one dessert and beverages (price excludes 25% tax and service).
- We welcome guests to line up each day at 12pm out in front of the restaurant on the wooden boardwalk
- Please note that we may start processing tickets as soon as the line reaches 12 people which might occur before 12pm
- The first 12 present in line will buy their ticket, and will then come back at 5:45pm for the start of service
- Please note that each person can only buy one seat for his or herself, and must be physically present in line
- Tickets are non-transferrable
- Bar service runs between 5:45pm and 7:15pm each evening; the serving starts promptly at 5:45pm for all 12 guests
- We accept cash and credit (all cards accepted)
- We are only able to accommodate the following dietary restrictions: vegetarian, pescetarian, gluten-free and lactose-free
We look forward to welcoming you!
All the best,
René Redzepi & Rosio SanchezBack to other announcements